Verse

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Whew!! I think I dodged a bullet!!!

I went to the ENT today, fully expecting to be told that I need surgery (Kim Downer, yes). Well, after a few tests, it seems that I have some hearing loss in my left ear (the one that is always giving me problems), and that type of hearing loss, along with tinnitus (probably related to my auto-immune disorders) cause my symptoms!!! I still have to go to a 2nd opinion ENT next week, because my doctor said he saw a certain kind of cyst/tumor in my ear, but for now, this is the best medical appointment I've had!! I'd rather be deaf than deal with surgery. So, I will keep praying for next week's appointment.

On another note, I wish we could all reflect on how blessed we are. Austin and I visited the soup kitchen at Family Church tonight and it really hit home. There are so many homeless and hungry in our own community, yet most of us ignore them day after day. I felt so secure knowing that I had a warm home to go to and loving husband and child to take care of, while these people were taking a bus back to the library, where many of the homeless sleep.

Count your blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment