Verse

Monday, November 17, 2008

A Cute Picture and Some Thoughts


My sassy little Ainsley is about to be six years old. It does not even seem possible. Six seems so big kid-like, and less toddlerish. It is amazing how fast six years goes by. I actually remember the exact moment she came into this world! She is just precious and amazing.

This weekend was wonderful. Even though I dreaded the womens' retreat because of my anti-socialness, it turned out to be wonderfully healing. There were a lot of things from the past that I needed to let go of that were driving me crazy with guilt and I think I've finally let them go. I also realized that a lot of people do care and pray for my family and me, I just have to let them in and let down the concrete wall I tend to build around myself.

I love our small group and am so thankful that God put such a fun group together. It is much better and less frightening than I thought it would be, mostly due to God's timing of starting a new one.

In terms of my health, I am working on not being so frustrated with it. In fact, I listed out every symptom, twinge, disease, etc. I had during prayer the other night and handed it over to our Saviour. I figure that He would know what to do with it, much more than I or any doctor could ever do. It feels good to release it. And today, as I would attempt to pull back my control over my health, I would re-release it, right back to Him. It is a huge step in faith for me to let it go and I know it will take some time.

However, there are some things that I can control in my health that I am going to work on.. Such as getting more sleep (6 hours is not near enough for me), eating better (I tend to eat comfort foods when I'm not feeling well), exercising again (I was doing so good until I got sick), and some other things that I need to stop doing, so that I know I've done all I can on my end for my health!

I have also decided to give up on the dream of singing. I'm a horrible singer, but since I was a child, dreamed of singing at church. I've decided that I will sing to God when it is just He and I (mostly in the car)!!! ;-)

We are getting ready for a super busy 2 months and cannot wait to get away from it all in Mexico! It is like a break from reality when we go there and we are so blessed to be able to share it with Ainsley this year. My in-laws are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment