Verse

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

November 26, 2002





Today, my baby is six years old (actually, not until 7:01pm). A lot of people say that birth is a miracle, but Ainsley's birth WAS truly a miracle! In fact, at 4:15pm, exactly six years ago, I was clinically dead. I look back at that time and think about how spiritually dead I was, as well. Even though it was a rough way for Ainsley to enter the world, God knew what He was doing.

Some years this day each year has been bittersweet. A lot of anxiety surrounds the 25th and 26th of November to me. Well, I should say surrounded. I have not had a panic attack while remembering her birth this year. I still remember every vivid detail of those 2 days, but I seem to be "over" it. It is a blessed feeling.

We started the day by singing Happy Birthday and then Ainsley came up to work with me until noon. She is just such a good child. She was amazing at work, just coloring and doing her own thing. I remember when they handed her to me after she was born, I thought "Now what? How on earth am I going to do this?" She has definitely made parenting fun and easy for us. She is and always will be my baby. My precious little 7lb 1oz miracle who wasn't supposed to make it through the birth or through her heart ailments without surgery. She is a beautiful example of God's work.

1 comment:

  1. Ainsley is such a blessing to us! I am so thankful Presley has her for a friend. I hope she had a WONDERFUL birthday! The pictures are precious! You are such a blessing to us, too! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete