Verse

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Don't Take The Road I Took, Sister

I am at a place, a yucky place. A place where I don't know if I should intervene or just let it be. I am very concerned for my sister, her husband and most importantly, my sweet nephew. I just want her to know that I am not judging her or her actions, but trying to show her THE Light. A marriage will not work if you do not lay yourselves down completely before God and each other. They are at that six to seven year mark where so many marriages fail, where I failed the first time. I know that God is the only one who can truly intervene in their marriage, but I also know that they are not at a point where they can listen to Him.

What do I do? He has health problems, she is unsupportive. She emasculates him and doesn't respect him. He walks all over her and says cruel things. It is like watching my life 5 years ago unfold AGAIN before my eyes. It is painful and they will never understand how it affects everyone else, because they can't see past their own skin. She is too good to go to counseling or to listen to me. He has just completely shut down, scared to be in his own skin.

Lord, please intervene. Please open their eyes and crush their stubborn hearts. Break them and build them. Please don't let them get to a point where they hate each other so much that they do not think of how it is affecting their child. The child YOU gave them, Father. They need You, they need You to crush the narcissism, to heal the disease. God, please help them. I cannot bear to see my nephew hurt in the same ways that my daughter hurt. Protect my nephew, Lord. Lord, guide me in what you want me to do in the situation.

It's like having all of the answers to a test, but you can't speak or write.

No comments:

Post a Comment