Verse

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Change Will Be Good

The past few weeks have been a whirlwind, to say the least.  I have hesitated blogging about it, but since most of my support system is gone, I have to have an outlet.  Plus, like 3 people read this thing, so meh... 

Last night's sermon was one of the most powerful I have ever been a part of.  I know God is answering my questions.  He is answering them so eloquently that it blows me away.  It's overwhelming at times. 

It is strange not to go to the same place on Sunday that I have for 5 years.  I like familiarity.  I struggle in new social situations and don't make friends easily, which is my own fault.  Perhaps that is why I work so well with children who have autism.  :-)  When I saw an old friend at the new church last night, I was so excited.  We have similar pasts and she has been through a lot of what I have in my life time.  I love her dearly, and it was great to worship with her again. 

I feel closer to God than I have in a very long time.  It's one of those times in life where He is all you've got and He starts piecing together the puzzle right before your eyes. 

Of course, it is hard.  All of it is hard.  I think most days I am still in shock about everything that has transpired.  It is a reminder that all you can really trust in is God.  My heart hurts, the stress has thrown me into a flare, but we will get through this. 

My husband has shown such incredible faith in this time and I am so proud of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment