Verse

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Forgiveness is a Gift?

Throughout my life, I can say that I forgave out of obedience. I never got anything from it, and thought of it as a selfless act for God.

Today, that all changed.

Two years, a close friend of mine tore my heart out. We had built a business together and I was about to become a partner in the business. She was going through some stuff and I was just learning how sick I was. Three days into radiation, she called me and said she wanted to part ways. I had never felt such devastation in my life. I had officially lost it all.

I had not talked to her since then.

God had been putting her in my heart lately, but I brushed it off.

Today came the opportunity to see her again for the first time, and when we hugged, I realized how much I have missed her. It wasn't a fake hug or fake words, it was all from the heart and it was amazing. We laughed together and joked like we used to.

I had finally forgiven.

What a gift to let go and TRULY forgive and forget. Not holding any feelings hostage, just letting them all go.

I cannot wait to see her again!

Thank you, Lord, for teaching me about true forgiveness and for bringing her back into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment