Verse

Monday, May 18, 2009

There's a Fungus Among Us

So, it is officially confirmed that I have a systemic yeast infection. It is basically a progression of autoimmune disease and supposedly after this is killed off, I will be on the other side of this mountain.

Here are the catches: I have to be on a special diet (will get to that in a moment) and an anti-fungal powder (nasty) for 3 months to 3 years. What a range, huh?

The diet?

The worst part is: NO DIET COKE!! ARGH! (Please pray I don't kill someone while weaning off of Diet Coke).

Here is the list of the No's: No sugar or artificial sweetners. No preservatives (MSG, citric acid). No canned foods, condiments, salad dressings or canned vegetables.

No frozen or canned juices. No wine, beer or any alcohol. (Can I drink ANYTHING?)

No wheat, rye, barley, breads, muffins, rolls or baked goods with those ingredients.

No MILK products. (milk, cheese (Lord, help us), yogurt, ice cream, sour cream). Turns out that I am allergic to milk. WooHoo

Nothing with vinegar in it: mustard, mayo, pickles, soy sauce, bbq sauce.

No mushrooms.

No salt unless it is sea salt.

No caffeine: No coffee, tea, chocolate (another prayer, please).

The only meat I can eat is meat that is 100% organic.

The good news is, losing that 20 pounds I talked about in my previous post, should not be a problem!! :-)

I went to Market Street, just to find stuff I can eat (Rice cakes, almond butter, Rice Milk). -- Almond butter is $10, by the way. So, I will be yeast free and broke, but I'll be skinny!!

No comments:

Post a Comment