Verse

Saturday, June 27, 2009

I love this girl!


What an insane month!! Work has never been so busy, a beautiful member of my family went to be with her God, teaching VBS, having a flare-up of thyroid issues....

Even though I was feeling horribly tired and sick all week, God somehow gave me the strength to teach VBS this week. My amazingly wonderful husband joined me, even though I am pretty sure it was exhausting for him, too. All week long, I kept thinking "Why God, why does VBS have to be this week?" or "Couldn't Dixie have died NEXT week?"

I have been beyond tired. My hormones are all out of sorts. 20 kids aged 4-6 can do a number on you when you are mentally and physically drained. But God kept telling me "This is where you are supposed to be." He gave me just enough energy to make it through without having a total melt down.

Today, I was so tired getting up for work. I had a nasty headache and just 3 hours at work and I couldn't take it anymore. I came home sick and slept for two and a half hours. After picking up Ainsley, she and I took a 2 hour nap and we were late to VBS.

On the way to VBS, Ainsley talked about becoming a Christian. She has been talking about it and asking questions for months. Honestly, Austin and I thought she was much too young to be making any kind of decision like that at age six and a half. We talked about it a little more in-depth tonight and right when we pulled up to church she announced "I am ready to become a Christian."

I did some checking with our pastor (whose daughter also made the commitment at age 6) and decided that the Holy Spirit was definitely working in my baby.

We somehow found a quite time and an empty space and she prayed that beautiful prayer. Afterwards, she was shaking, but happy. And, it hit me.. "THIS is why I am supposed to be at VBS this week." (God usually has to hit me in the head).

I am praying for her this weekend. She is with her dad and I know how hard it is to be around someone that isn't so supportive in that area right after God saves you. I pray that the Lord continues to work in her big, loving, compassionate heart.

She is amazing and I don't know why God thinks I deserve such a sweet, beautiful child.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, that is exactly why you were at VBS this week....that and because you were meant to love on my daughter, too! She was so glad you and Austin were her teacher. Thank you! Tell Ainsley we are so proud of her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping she's courageous enough to share her decision with her Dad. She might be the only one to break into his heart.

    ReplyDelete