Verse

Monday, June 8, 2009

Sudden Passing

Today started as any other Monday. Waking up late and running around trying to get ready for work while spending quality time with my daughter.

I talked to my mom (she was keeping Ains today). Two minutes later my mom calls back and said "There's been an emergency, Dixie is dead."

Who is Dixie? Dixie was my mom's cousin, who was an aunt to me. Any major event in our lives, Dixie was there. She had a beautiful forgiving heart and was, by far, the strongest follower of Jesus in our family. Dixie was the ONLY person to give Austin and me her blessings when we got married. She was the only one who sent a card or a gift. Dixie was with us when my grandfather parted this world and comforted us a year later when my grandmother passed on.

Dixie was always dressed nicely without a hair out of place. She was known for her perfume and you knew when Dixie walked into a room because of that wonderful fragrance.

We have asked ourselves today, "Why Dixie?" Even though she had a college degree, she put off her career to take care of her family. Her husband is lost right now, and I cannot imagine the pain of losing your life-long partner. Her children, who are close to my age, have no words.

We are all in shock.

She had a picture of Ainsley on her refrigerator which reminded me just how much I love her.

Heaven has a new precious spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment